Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gas Mask Fashion

In 2004 I was dating a young marine corporal who got deported to Iraq. We had only been seeing each other a few months but I was 22 and found the thought of having a man out at war to be romantic. It wasn't of course, but still, I sent him pictures letters every single day for the seven months of his stay there.
I got to see the gas mask room before he was deported. It was a long room with wooden floors and no windows in the marine headquarters in Pasadena. It was lined, from floor to cealing, with gas masks.
He put one on my face. It didn't fit right at all. After a lot of fiddling and adjusting, one of the pieces came off entirely. Oorah.

As an asthmatic I find anything to do with breath control awful and unsexy, but I still find the fetishizing of gas masks to be interesting.
If you want hot topless goth girls with gas masks, it's a google click away. I like the weird stuff more.
Of course, lets not forget what the masks are for. Nothing better to get a good chill about it than kids in 'em.
I get a real kick out of this last one. It's a shower head.


No comments:

Post a Comment