Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
1. Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice, played by Winona Ryder
I worshipped this character as a kid. Well, her and Jessica Rabbit. One I someday came to be a bit like, the other, not so much.
2. ‘Jane Lane’ from Daria
I am very aware that the Daria show had it’s own actual Goth character on it, but she sucked. Jane however was amazing. I always liked her better than Daria.
3. ‘Jane Margolis’ on Breaking Bad, played by Krysten Ritter
What is it with the gothic girls named Jane? By the way, if you don’t watch Breaking Bad, you’re making a huge mistake.
4. Nancy Downs from The Craft, played by Fairuza Balk
I really wanted powers after this came out. And by powers, I do mean Skeet Ulrich.
5. Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family, played by Christina Ricci
Two people have told me I remind them of her. I think both of them were trying to insult me. Massive fail.
6. Cassandra in Saved!, played by Eva Amurri
Here she is being all in love with Macauly Culkin because he’s in a wheelchair, since us gothy girls are all into sad shit like that.
7. “Cure Girl” played by Madeline Blue in Wet Hot American Summer
This girl only has a few lines but I mean come on. Adorable.
8. ‘April Ludgate’ played by Aubrey Plaza on Parks and Recreation
Alright, so I have in fact only seen one episode ever of Parks and Recreation. But this character is what inspired this list, so I think it counts.
9. ‘Creepy Susie’ from The Oblongs
A morbid chick with a French accent who sets fires. She also seems to be well read.
10. ‘Cat Woman’ in Batman, played by Michele Pfieffer
All of the.. are they Cat Women? Well, they’re all pretty great, but the Michele Pfieffer version seems a whole lot more S&M than the rest.
11. ‘Marla Singer’ in Fight Club, played by Helena Bonham
I remember how excited I was to see Helena Bonham play this new grungry-sexy sort of female lead. But now she, her hubby Tim Burton, and Johnny Depp are all ruining each other and need to be separated by the state. Please.
12. ‘Allison Reynolds’ in The Breakfast Club, played by Ally Sheedy
Who am I kidding. Even in pink, I still look like a goth.
This last one isn’t a girl but too adorable to leave out.
Sigmund Marvin, played by Charlie Korsmo, from What About Bob
This was a family favorite of mine growing up. Siggy is insanely cute.